Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- At least one of the authors is an undergraduate student, or was an undergraduate student at the time the submission was written. All undergraduate student authors will be identified in the Comments to the editor section during submission.
- If there are no faculty coauthors, a faculty member from an accredited institution will send an email to the journal, stating that the submission is ready for publication, and confirming that they know the student authors.
- Spelling and grammar were thoroughly checked before submitting, preferably with an automated grammar/spell checker. Submissions with spelling and grammar errors will not be sent for review until the errors are fixed.
- The submission file is in PDF document file format. If the submission uses the template downloaded from the journal page (Author Guidelines) please compile twice so that the line numbers show up on the left of each page.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
The author(s) will retain the copyright, but by submitting the article agree to grant permission to the PUMP Journal of Undergraduate Research to publish, distribute, and archive the article. The author(s) will acknowledge prior publication in the PUMP Journal of Undergraduate Research for all future uses of the article or parts of it.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.