Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- At least one of the authors is an undergraduate student, or was an undergraduate student, at the time the submission was written.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Nature formatting guide.
- The Faculty Advisor Agreement has been signed by the faculty mentor and is included as a part of the submission.
- A Faculty Reviewer - who is a different person from the Faculty Advisor - has agreed to review the submission. Their name and contact information is included in the Comments for the Editor.
This section is for research articles. All submissions undergo an open peer-review process. Submissions must comply with submission guidelines.
This section is for topic reviews of current advances in research. All submissions undergo an open peer-review process. Submissions must comply with submission guidelines.
Authors retain copyright of their work. All submissions will be Open Access and distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) 4.0 license, which permits unrestricted production, distribution, and adaptation, provided that citation of the original work is included.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.